Thursday, March 5, 2015

VMware vSphere Client for Mac!?

Edit: Check out the new ESXi HTML 5 Embedded Host Client here, also included in ESXi 6.0u2! (3/24/2016)

I found this little nugget on YouTube while researching ESXi 6.0. A beta tester recorded the installation of ESXi 6.0 beta and when they went to the vSphere Client download page I was shocked to see something called "vSphere Host Client Installer for Mac".



After looking into this a little further I discovered that it was only available on a specific beta release, VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.0.0-1921158.x86_64.iso to be exact. I obtained a copy, through the magic that is Google search, and created a ESXi 6.0.0-1921158 VM in Fusion so that I could get the installer links.

The ESXi welcome page includes the following two links to the vSphere Host Client Installers:

Edit: Links are no longer valid (6/24/2015)

http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vspherehostclient/VMware-hostclient-mac-6.0.0.pkg
http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vspherehostclient/VMware-hostclient-win-6.0.0.zip

I downloaded and installed the VMware Host Client and was able to connect to the 6.0.0-1921158 beta host and to my 5.5u2 lab host.





4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still have that client lying around?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got an idea where to find the client now? I would love to administrate my esxi from osx? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete